Improve Your Warehouse Performance: Make Sure Everyone Is Pulling Their Weight When Picking, Packing and Shipping Orders
There are many ways you can improve your warehouse performance. In this article we will show you how we helped one of our clients equalize their warehouse labor statistics to achieve that goal.
For a whole goods distributor improving warehouse performance meant:
- Their warehouse workers couldn’t cherry pick select orders
- All the difficult or easy orders wouldn’t be filled by just one person
- Developing simple picking, packing and shipping processes, so warehouse workers (with no prior training) could easily start picking orders.
How did Front Line Systems improve warehouse performance?
- We mounted a monitor above the picking table with the list of orders that needed to be picked.
- The list of orders was also queued up on the warehouse workers’ handhelds.
- Everyone in the warehouse now had visibility and access to the information.
What was the goal?
Make it extremely easy for new warehouse workers to start picking orders. The client also wanted to increase transparency and accountability in the warehouse.
The solution to improve warehouse performance
All the warehouse workers were trained to look at a monitor to identify and then pick the next order in queue. There was no more partiality when picking orders. This new way of picking also led to greater transparency and accountability for everyone.
Discover strategies to improve your warehouse processes. Schedule your warehouse evaluation below.
HighJump WMS | Contact Us | Back to Home
About Front Line Systems
Front Line Systems is an ERP and WMS Consulting Firm with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are dedicated to helping businesses solve their accounting, manufacturing and warehouse concerns. We believe that your business has an amazing capacity for innovation and growth and that technology can help get you there.
Front Line Systems is a technology partner that solves problems and creates solutions for the life of your business. We provide ERP Consulting and Warehouse Management Consulting in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Virginia, DC, Maryland, and serve clients across the US. Contact us at 540-785-0268 to get started today.