Improve Your Warehouse Performance With These Warehouse Efficiency Resources
Resource One: 10 Ways to Tell If Your Warehouse Is Operating Efficiently
- Your order accuracy is 99%.
- Your inventory accuracy is 99%.
- Your replenishment accuracy is 99%.
- Your shipping errors are close to non-existent.
- You can capture real-time metrics on your warehouse staff.
- Your returns are rarely due to picking and packing mistakes.
Resource Two: How Will Warehouse Automation Improve Inventory Management?
Discover the three stages and the accompanying benefits you and your team members will experience after implementing a warehouse automation solution.
- Stage One: Accurate Transaction Data and No Data Entry Errors
- Stage Two: Increased Inventory Tracking Capabilities
- Stage Three: Accuracy and Efficiency Will Increase in Different Departments Within Your Organization
Resource Three: Improve Your Warehouse Performance: Make Sure Everyone Is Pulling Their Weight When Picking, Packing and Shipping Orders
- Their warehouse workers couldn’t cherry pick select orders
- All the difficult or easy orders wouldn’t be filled by just one person
- Developing simple picking, packing and shipping processes, so warehouse workers (with no prior training) could easily start picking orders.
Discover how you can improve your warehouse performance. Read article.
Resource Four: How to Increase Picking Speed In Your Warehouse?
- Are you expanding your e-commerce offerings?
- Providing Drop Shipments for your customers?
- Experiencing high order volumes and/or
- Operating without a good order management system (and are tired of sending out the wrong products to customers)?
Discover how you can increase your picking speed and meet your warehouse efficiency goals with warehouse automation. Watch video now.
Resource Five: Tribal Knowledge and Warehouse Efficiency
When the company grows, a more systematic approach is required for success. Key employees are usually responsible for driving business processes forward; so they create warehouse efficiency procedures that become tribal knowledge in the system.
As the business hires new people, they train them in this tribal knowledge. All of the processes become information that is carried through the system as reports, keywords or terminology which means something to the people in that business, but it doesn’t mean anything to people outside the business. Read article.